We're your one stop scale model
HO Scale Products
Central Hobbies carries a complete selection of HO scale model railway
We carry train sets from Atlas, Athearn,
Bachmann and Life-Like.
Most train sets are complete with Locomotive, cars, track and a power pack. Some Walthers
train sets have a basic DCC controler.
We carry locomotives models from:
- Atlas GP40, RS1, . . These models are limited runs. The
supply will be best when the model is released. Advance reservations are usually taken for these
- Athearn Genesis F Units and other Genesis Series Models.
- Athearn Locomotives Locomotive kits and assembled.
We stock many models in this line. It is no longer as easy to get but if f we don't have it we will
order it for you.
- Bachmann many models including the new S4 with DCC
- Bowser Models Alco C630s, Baldwin Switchers, and more.
- Broadway Limited Imports Models with sound.
Operable on DC and DCC. We stock a few models but usually only bring Broadway Limited
Imports models in by special order.
- Highliners F Unit Kits (A & B) and parts.
- InterMountain InterMoun is now producing a
good line of HO Scale locomotives.
- Kato Kato model are limited runs. The supply will be best
when the model is released. Advance reservations are usually taken for these models.
- Walthers ,
- Stewart ,
We stock a large selection of passenger car kits from the following manufacturers:
We stock a large selection of freight car kits from the following manufacturers:
- Accurail Box Cars, Reefers and others,
- Atlas HO Scale Freight cars. These models are limited runs.
The supply will be best when the model is released. Advance reservations are accepted for these
- Athearn - We stock many models in this line.
- Branchline Box Cars, Reefers and others,
- ExactRail cars and bridges.
- Kadee Box Cars,
- Fox Valley cars.
- Roundhouse - Model Die Casting.
- Proto 2000 Flat Cars, Box Cars, Gondolas, Tank Cars
(8000 and 10000 gallon), Covered Hoppers and Stock Cars.
- InterMountain We stock some kits and many
assembled cars from InterMountain
- Red Caboose
- Märklin We stock a few Märklin items and can obtain any current
- Roundhouse Freight Cars.
- Trains Canada Although Trains Canada has closed we do have
a good stock of some of their cars.
- Stewart Hobbies
- Walthers Freight Cars
As well we models from Proto 1000, Bachmann,
Con-Cor, Kato, Model Power,
Tichy, Sylvan Scale Models , and others. Other
manufacturer items are available on special order.
HOn3 Narrow Gauge - - - - - - - - - -
We stock some HO scale narrow gauge products in HOn3
- MicroTrains (noted for their N Scale Products) is producing a series of cars in
HOn3. Micro Trains HOn3 Cars in Stock..
- Micro-Engineering makes HOn3 flex track and dual gauge track in various codes
(70, 55 and some 40).
- Peco has released Code 70 HOn3 flex track. #5 turnouts are now in stock for $
- Shinmohara makes HOn3 flex track, HO/HOn3 dual
gauge track and single and dual gauge turnouts. Most dual gauge turnouts on hand.
- The Light Iron Turnout Company makes HOn3 Turnouts in
code 55 and 70. We stock the completed turnouts.
- BlackStone Models (a division of SoundTraxx)
Box cars, stock cars, flat cars, gondolas (high and low side), some tank cars and passenger
coaches are in stock.
Their basic HOn3 track system is in stock. Patterned after Kato Unitrack (made by Kato) this clip
together track will make it easy to build basic HOn3 layouts.
- Precison Scale makes several car kits.
HOn30 Narrow Gauge - - - - - - - - - -
We stock a few HO scale narrow gauge products in HOn30 (HOn2 1/2). More can be
HOm Metre gauge
We stock Peco HOm flex track - $ 11.98 a length. Turnouts are available by special
order. This track can also be used for TT.
HO scale track comes in various rail heights.
- Code 83 is closer in height to modern mainline rail size.
- When we can obtain stock we stock the complete Atlas code 83 track series
and flex track. We stock the complete line of Atlas code 83 True-Track.
- We have Shinohara and Walthers turnouts in
stock. We have some Shinohara flex track in stock. Walthers
code 83 track is made by Shinohara and the new products are DCC friendly.
- We carry Micro Engineering turnouts and flex track in both weathered and
- We carry have the new Central Valley turnout kits.
- We stock the new PECO code 83 track and turnouts.
Code 70 and 75
- Code 70 represents about 100 lb rail.
- We have Shinohara turnouts in stock. We do not stock
Shinohara flex track but can order it for you.
- We carry Micro Engineering turnouts and flex track in both weathered and
Other Rail Sizes
Track Scratch Building Supplies
We carry Micro Engineering rail in all sizes (code 40, 55, 70, 83 and 100), all sizes on Micro
Engineering spikes, Pliobond; ties from Mt. Albert.
Fast Tracks makes an excellent series of turnout construction jigs. They come with
comprehensive instructions. Even a novice at turnout construction can produce a working turnout
- Atlas makes several switch machines for their own track.
- We stock most of the varieties of Caboose Industries Ground Throws.
- We stock Tortoise Slow Motion Switch machines.
- We stock Cobalt Slow Motion Switch machines.
- we stock the ANEmodel
Turnout Controls. These use model aircraft solenoids to control the turnouts.
- We have the various flavours of Peco switch machines.
- Other types of switch machines (including used twin coil) are available from time to time.
We have an extensive selection of building kits from many manufacturers. DPM, Atlas,
Walthers,, Walthers, Bachman, Downtown Deco and many
Central Hobbies has the largest selection of Detail Parts in Western Canada.
We stock the Full lines of
- CN sig Detail Products
- Detail Associates
- Details West
- Miniatures by Eric
- We stock some of the Miniatronics line of lights, LED's
and lighting units
- Ngineering - we stock most of the Ngineering line of LEDs, lighting kits and
- Hi-Tech Details
- Northwest Shortline
- Kadee (We have the Full coupler and detail parts lines)
- Kaslo Shops
- Grandt Line
- and others.
We stock some parts from Precision Scale, Plano, InterMountain, New England Rail Service,
American Model Builders Inc., Sylvan, Athabasca Scale Models
, BranchLine, BLMA, and others.
We have a shrinking stock of Athearn shells. We have frames, shells and detail parts for cars
We carry replacement wheel sets from North West Shortline, Kadee, Proto 2000 and
InterMountain (regular and semi scale).
We carry the complete line of Kadee couplers including the new "Whisker
Couplers" as well as some of the popular clones. We have the New Scale size Kadee
couplers (#58s) and Whisker couplers in stock. For those of you using Horn-Hook couplers we
stock Athearn couplers.
We carry the full line of Woodland Scenics scenery products as well as the new Woodland
Scenics SubTerrain System. We have products from Faller, Heki and others.
We carry backdrops from
Sceniking Roll Outs are now in stock. These are Six feet long and 16 «" high. In twelve different
scenes. Various scenes may be joined end to end to create longer scenes.
We carry the full line of Kalmbach hobby books as well as books from Atlas and Carstens
and others. See the Books pages for partial listings of
We carry over 400 railroad related titles. See our book pages for a relatively up to date
Floquil, PolyScale and TrueLine paints are going away. We have a shrinking selection of
railroad colours from Floquil (Floquil and Poly Scale), and TrueLine Trains.
As of June 2015, Scalecoat is being discontinued. We have a very small stock of Scalecoat
paint (Please note that complying with the Government Safety
Regulations ( relabeling and safety cap) adds $ 1.00 to the landed price of ScaleCoat paint.)
and a shrinking stock of discontinued Scalecoat CN sig Colours
CNR, CPR, BCR and VIA paints.
We stock some Model Flex. All colours are available by order.
We carry Humbrol enamels and Tamiya acrylic paints.
We have a diminishing stock of Accu-Paint.
We are looking into the Vallejo paints, especially the aibrush ready ones. We have been hearing
good things about this paint. They are not railroad specific colours but with the extensive line of
Vallejo paints, there should be something close enough or close enough to mix.
We are looking into the Proto-Paint by George's Trains. Shipping may increase the landed cost
but they look to have a good selection of colours.
We stock the Hunterline weathering stains.
We were starting to bring in the Tru-Color paints but the Government got in the
way. We are looking for a way to legally bring this paint into Canada.
We have an extensive selection of decals from Micro-Scale, CDS (Please note that CDS is
now out of business so our stock is dwindling),
Black Cat Publishing,
CN sig Decals now BlackCat,
Daley Designs ,
We carry resin kits from
We carry wood from Mt. Albert .
Northeastern products are available on special order.
We have the full rack of Midwest Balsa Wood, Basswood and Plywood.
We stock K&S metal shapes (Brass, Copper and Aluminum) in one and three
foot lengths, and Special Shapes.
We stock K&S Stainless Steel metal shapes.
We have the complete Evergreen and Plastruct
styrene racks. Other Plastruct items (in styrene or ABS) are available on special order.
From Styrene cement to Super Glues, we carry many types of glues. 'Walthers Goo' is not
currently available in Canada but PlioBond is.
We have a few 1.5V and 12V bulk lights.
We stock lights from Miniatronics and others.
We have LED products from Miniatronics, TCS, Digitrax, NCE, Ngineering, Evan Designs and
A model railroader need tools. Whether it is just an Atlas track saw or a North West
Shortline chopper, we stock them all.
We have the complete line of Woodland Scenics Tidy Tracks cleaning products.
Knives, blades, taps, drills, scale rulers, sprue nippers . . . or whatever. We have it or can get
|Die, Tap & Drill Sizes
|Tap Drill Size:
|| .055 (#55)
| Clearance Drill Size:
Foam Working Tools
Hot Wire Foam Factory
We stock foam working tools from Hot Wire Foam Factory.
We also carry the Woodland Scenics Hot wire cutter.
If there is a particular item you are seeking that we don't have in stock, please don't hesitate
to ask for it. We will special order most anything. Items in stock at most major distributors can
be obtained in a week or two. Out of stock items can be back ordered for delivery when they are
Please note that if the company is outside of the major distribution channels, special orders will
take some time. Many companies require minimum orders from stores (a person can often order
one item at a time) so it may take a while for us to get a large enough order to send to them. In
these cases we will advise you if it is faster to order direct.
Updated July 15, 2015
2825 Grandview Hwy, Vancouver, BC
Canada , V5M 2E1
1-604-431-0771, Fax 1-604-431-9855
Orders Only 1-888-7TRAINS
Page and Contents Copyright Central Hobbies 2015